6 Causes of Stretch marks
6 Causes of Stretch marks is explained on MedicalWordMeanings.com
So you’ve been wondering what causes stretch marks? Or, maybe you are looking to get rid of stretch marks; the stretching-out of skin due to either pregnancy or weight bearing, etc., which causes the skin to break.
Here are 6 Causes of Stretch marks:
- Obesity or bearing a considerable weight
- Hormonal changes, especially among women during puberty
- Pregnancy, especially after the sixth month
- Hormonal illnesses, such as adrenal gland disorders
- Some chronic diseases, such as tumors and ascites conditions
- Using certain kinds of creams, and having Cortisone shots for long periods
You may also be wondering on what body areas are stretch marks more likely to appear?
- Stretch marks are likely to appear in thighs, belly and breasts in case of pregnancy. While for weight bearing; stretch marks appear on the belly, thighs, hips and armpits.
In the medical world, stretch mark is known as a dermatological condition since it affects the appearance of the skin. The condition affects both women and men. Dermatology is a branch of medicine dealing with the hair, nails, skin and its diseases. In such medical field, a dermatologist treats skin diseases and cosmetic problems of the skin, scalp, hair, and nails.
☛ Recommended: Natural stretch marks cream on Amazon.com (topical applications)
A Picture Example of Stretch marks
FEEDBACK: Did you find stretch marks information on this page helpful? What other medical or health related information would you like MedicalWordMeanings.com to provide?